A blog about the faith, hope and adventures of Amy, Kim, Tristan and Lesley as they journey together as the Anchored Warriors Team!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Beginning

This is where it all started - Native Youth Conference. It is exactly what it sounds like - a gathering of First Nations youth and leaders ages 13-30 from all over western Canada. This next year will be the 18th year of NYC running. It is amazing to see so many youth come and have so much fun and at the same time be so changed from the inside out by the power of the Hope and Love of Jesus. This year we had just under 60 youth (and even some leaders) come forward to make a new commitment to live out their faith and follow Jesus. It was very overwhelming to see and be a part of as a prayer counsellor.
Anchored Warriors’ heart is for the next step for these youth and leaders. Every year I am able to meet new youth and leaders and catch up with others from the previous years, and every time the conference is over and everyone leaves, all I want to do is go out and continue to encourage and build up these leaders and youth. I have seen so many youth and young adults attend and be involved in NYC with such huge potential for leadership and for bringing change and hope to their own communities yet when they go home they don’t always have a place to do that. And so it was NYC that really was and is the beginning place for Anchored Warriors! God has been opening so many doors to make this project happen this year and we are so excited to have the support and prayers of so many family, friends and new friends behind us in this journey.
And if any of you youth and leaders are reading this - this Anchored Warriors project is for you. It’s because we see you and we see the beautiful person that God has made and gifted and we want to see you reach that full potential!
SO this is the beginning of our journey. Tuesday is my last day at one of my part time jobs, and then I will begin being a part time project coordinator of Anchored Warriors, and I could not be more excited! And Kim is officially done her job at Billy Graham Foundation Sept.10. Please pray for us as we transition to this new and amazing job, and for our finances as we are still seeking funding for this ministry. We know that God will provide as He has already been providing in so many ways! Thanks so much for your support and prayers already!
John 15:16,17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a follower! now I have something to do, you better keep it updated so I don't get bored:)

    ReplyDelete