A blog about the faith, hope and adventures of Amy, Kim, Tristan and Lesley as they journey together as the Anchored Warriors Team!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Kim's first attempt at the blog...come join the journey!

So it’s time I write on the Blog and try write down my hearts passion and experiences. I’m going to be straight up front and honest…blogs aren’t my thing. I don’t know what it is in trying to put my experiences and thoughts down in writing … I’m more of a ‘talker’ than a ‘writer’ (also, grammar is NOT my strength). So wanna go for Coffee anyone? Haha. I promise to continually update as best I can, as I want to include YOU in on this journey of Anchored Warriors that Amy and I are on!

There has been a lot of change and transition the last couple weeks as Amy mentioned below. I officially quit my job at Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc. (aka BG) and am attempting to go full time with Anchored Warriors. My experience at BG was great and I wouldn’t change anything about it. I believe it really equipped me in many areas to start Anchored Warriors. Prior to BG I never knew administrative work was my thing or organizational skills – little did I know I enjoyed it at BG! The support and encouragement I received from my co-workers was more than I could ask for…I’ll be forever grateful! Thank you BG/SP!

I really can’t believe this has actually started! I’ve been excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. Excited to actually pursue my passion in this… it’s funny how God works. I never ever thought I would live in Canada – or Calgary at that! I seriously thought I would live overseas or stay put in the USA doing relief work or some type of ministry that helped people. After moving back home from Chicago, I figured it would only be temporary as I started looking at opportunities outside Canada. After months of every door being shut I felt ‘stuck’ and in a crisis of what I’m doing in life!

Little by little my heart started to change and I started to see the need of my own Aboriginal people. I love my culture, I love the people, I love the relationships and everything else – wow, it’s really what I’m passionate about! My desire to go far away overseas was no longer there and doors started opening up in Canada. Native Youth Conference has become my absolute passion and that’s where Anchored Warriors was developed. Follow up ministry, building leaders, starting youth programs/ministry in communities across Canada :) that is my dream and hope from this. God has opened doors beyond our control; it’s neat to see things come together. I’m nervous and scared about this because the future is unknown in where Anchored Warriors will go… Being scared and nervous = faith and trust in Christ knowing that I can only take one step at a time and fully rely on God as he leads the way.

With that, every day is a learning curve. Adjusting to the life of working from home (very challenging!), being disciplined, traveling to communities, building relationships, and most important is not getting caught in the ‘busyness’ of life but continuing to grow in my personal relationship with Christ. He needs to be my centre all the time and I have to learn over and over that He’s in Control…not me.

Amy and I have had many meetings and have many more to go. We met with our first community and had a great time with the leaders! They are an awesome group of believers and have big hearts. I’m excited to see what God is going to do through them in developing something for the youth in their community. Please continue to pray for us as we move forward. Pray for all the leaders in these communities. Pray for the youth. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and for your support.

7 comments:

  1. Very proud of you and encouraged by the hard work you are putting in to get this going! Your awesome and only showing others that it is possible! I would still like the coffee but until then... proud of you and all your are doing to further the Kingdom of God. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog entry, Kim! Way to go. Looking forward to read many updates. Rich blessings!

    Laurent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said you can't write? Good job. Well done to both of you for setting this up and using it :-). I cannot wait to see what God is going to do through the passion He has laid on your hearts! Exciting days ahead, eh.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have not chosen God but He has chosen you to bear fruit, fruit that will last... John 15:16
    So exciting to be used of Him, eh? And as a pioneer even! Prayers!
    love you, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a First nations man, I love hearing about your passion for the people. God bless your work and you will see amazing big things by faith.Think Big! Trevor Boller

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can one support your ministry? What address can one send financial support to? Great to see anchored warriors established- planting eternal seeds within our Native Communities! Great Job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Financial support can go either directly to Anchored Warriors for our project expenses or you can donate specifically to either Kim or Amy as both are raising their own part time salary. Kim's donations are going through Interact Ministries and Amy's are going through First Nations Alliance Churches of Canada. If you'd like to email us at nativeyc@gmail.com about which you're intersted in we can give you a specific mailing address and contribution card! :) Thanks so much for your encouragement and support!

    ReplyDelete