A blog about the faith, hope and adventures of Amy, Kim, Tristan and Lesley as they journey together as the Anchored Warriors Team!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Moving Forward

Well things are almost completely in full swing now! Kim is officially done her job at BG and as soon as she gets back from her vacation/visit with her family on the res we will be doing this Anchored Warriors thing 100%. It is so crazy how all of this is happening so fast, and how so many great opportunities and connections have been happening. These opportunities and connections are such a blessing too because they are all coming from different people in our lives that are wanting to support us in this new ministry, which is so awesome.

For example, just on Friday I met with two awesome guys (Phil and Karl) from the Impact Society that work with the "Heros" program. (www.impactsociety.com - check them out!) We had lunch together and talked about Anchored Warriors and Heros and the importance of First Nations people and especially the youth and how we could partner together. Then one of the awesome guys, Phil, mentioned that he was speaking at Harvest Hills Alliance Church at their kick off because they were launching a new theme for the year about having an outside impact on the world around them. He was inviting different ministries from around the city to come and set up a booth and interact with the church family there and he asked if I wanted to come. I said yes, even though we had nothing for a booth really. lol.

Anyways, I pulled some stuff together getting help from some of my Calgary family (the Mayerles) and was at the church for both services. It was really a great time and I got to meet a lot of different people and connected with some of the other organizations. Phil gave a really powerful message that gave me a punch in the face too. He reminded all of us that it doesn't matter who we are, what skills we have or how much money we have, if we have a skill or something we love to do, we can use it to help other people. The pastor gave this equation: If you know of a need + you have the means to meet that need = a call. 

So this is my call, among other ones. I am excited to see what the next couple weeks has to bring. And I am so blessed and encouraged by ALL of the support everyone has been showing. Even just "liking" our page on Facebook or seeing how many people have been checking out our blog, or having different people give me pieces of their wisdom and experience to help us as we start out, it's so amazing!  We are not meant to do things alone, and I know that we aren't and won't be because me and Kim both have an awesome group of people we can call our family and friends that love and support us! So thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I will also share your blog on my fb profile page...PRAYING for you both...I have seen God at work and know HIS hand is on this ministry. \
    Hmmm...had trouble posting a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it begins! So excited to see what God will do! God has called you to a ministry and He will not abandon you! love you, Bev

    ReplyDelete